Do you struggle with bitterness? Many Christians do.
When things do not go as we planned or expected, or when others mistreat and malign us, we can become angry and bitter.
Consider these truths, as you ask the Lord to free you from the bondage of bitterness:
• Spend less time focusing on the hurt that was caused you, and spend more time focusing on the goodness of God – Psalm 135
• Confess that you may have expected more out of your relationship with others, than you do yourself when it comes to your relationship with Jesus. How many promises to God have you broken? – Psalm 51
• Learn how to react biblically in the midst of heartache – Isaiah 53:7-10; James 1:2-15
• Accept the truth that all have sinned, and that your battle is not always what it seems – Romans 3:23; Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 11:14
• Pray that those who hurt you, will draw close to God – Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 23:33-34; Acts 7:54-60
• Let mercy override your pride – Matthew 7:2-6; Romans 12:9-21; 1 Corinthians 10:12-13
• Choose the light of Jesus over the darkness of your pain – 2 Corinthians 12:8-10; Matthew 5:13-16; 1 Peter 5:6-11
Acts 26:18 – To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.